Friday, June 24, 2016

Faces with Upcycled Materials

Children love picking and choosing materials from odds and ends left over from other art projects or ordinary items that you have around the house. When we did this project I set out containers of buttons, beads, scraps of craft foam, wire, tiles..... We used a very heavy cardboard that my husband had cut out for me, and painted then with tempera. The children in the class were between three and five years old. The nose on the pictured face is a knob from a cupboard that I had saved when we remodeled our kitchen. This child came up with the idea of forming the wire into glasses. I really love this project and seeing the creativity that the children bring to it. I wound up gluing blocks of wood to the back, along the edge, so that the pieces could be upright on a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment