Thursday, February 9, 2017

Folded Paper Fans

I created this piece with a group of toddlers for a fundraising auction at the school where I teach. The children did the messy stamping part (outlined in my previous post) and I had the tedious task of folding and gluing the fans. The framed piece is an 11 x 14" shadow box.
I would suggest using paper that is easy to fold back and forth. It's a little tricky keeping everything neat. I used a lightweight card stock, but something lighter would be easier to fold. Once folded, I ran a trickle of white glue along the edge of the length and held it in place to dry with the pictured clip.

1 comment:

  1. This is very creative! I am thinking of putting my kids on art projects and DIYs to help them enjoy their summers while they're at home.

    ReplyDelete